I use a number of different psychological therapies, including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) interpersonal psychotherapy, Schema-focussed Therapy and Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR) targeting problems with the most effective evidence based approach. All treatment is individually tailored to the needs of the person.
To accelerate recovery times and minimise client treatment costs I use an intensive, focussed approach encouraging use of self-help materials between sessions.
The first appointment is an assessment when problems are explored and a history taken. Once the assessment is complete a treatment plan is discussed and agreed
Please note I do not treat children and young people under the age of 18 years of age.
Range of problems treated
- Depression and mood disorders
- Anxiety disorders: panic disorder, generalised anxiety disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), social phobia/anxiety, health anxiety, phobias
- Trauma Reactions : Post Traumatic stress disorder, Anxiety, Adjustment disorders
- Low self esteem
- Bereavement and loss
- Relationship difficulties- please note: individual not couples therapy
- Pain Management
- Eating disorders: Anorexia Nervosa*, Bulimia Nervosa, Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified (EDNOS), Binge-Eating Disorder (BED) and compulsive eating
- Personality problems and Disorders: Emotional Dysregulation, Borderline and Narcissic personality disorder
* Please note i dont see clients with a body mass index under 17.